Brown Thomas Sale

Joe Nonety

Any forummers buy or spot anything on sale in Brown Thomas that they'd recommend as very good value?
It'd be a bit of a journey for me so I'd like to know it'd be worth my while.

Spent a fortune there the other day. Whether I made my purchases out of neccessity or just because they were good value I'm sure is debatable.
70% off shoes, 40-70% off on jeans and some other selected clothes. 30% off some ties. I think the good thing regarding the present clothes sale is that the items still look very much in fashion (compared to some sales).
Good reductions in homeware also- duvets, pillows, towels etc.

most of the suff on sale cloths wise is great if you are waste 30" and leg 40" otherwise forget it.

Got a pair of Jimmy Choos for half price in last years sale - wonder if there's any decent ones left this year?

Rock and Republic Jeans for men: 40% off all sizes.
Still looking at 180 notes though.

Are they worth 12 pairs of Pennys jeans?
Who knows, the question is a bit off topic.
OP wanted to know was there anything in BT that would be good value. 40% off original price on Summer 06 goods would IMHO be good value.
Everything in BT is going to be at least 12 times more expensive than a similar article in Pennys..

NorfBank said:
Who knows, the question is a bit off topic.
Not really - it's one measure of whether or not the stuff is good value as the original poster asked.

40%-70% is probably significantly less than BT's mark-up, to begin with... :rolleyes:
ClubMan said:
Are they actually worth 12 pairs of Penny's jeans?
What do you know about [broken link removed] that we don't, ClubMan?

original post: Any forummers buy or spot anything on sale in Brown Thomas that they'd recommend as very good value

Pennys jeans not for sale IN BROWN THOMAS so your point is a moot one.

On the other hand when a poster asks about the next Pennys sale and whether they should travel to it then we know who can answer such a query. Maybe you can also explain how they can afford to make jeans so cheaply.
Words like sweat and shop spring to mind..

NorfBank said:
...when I think about fashionable brands like Gap, Nike et al. Incidentally, did you know that [broken link removed] (born in Penang, Malaysia in 1961 into a family of shoe makers) apparently made his first pair of shoes when he was 11 years old?

Agreed, GAP is also a store I would not set foot in a la Pennys.
Jimmy Choo, Jimmy Shmoo..have you seen the shoes they do in Pennys at a fraction of the price??

NorfBank said:
original post: Any forummers buy or spot anything on sale in Brown Thomas that they'd recommend as very good value

Pennys jeans not for sale IN BROWN THOMAS so your point is a moot one.

On the other hand when a poster asks about the next Pennys sale and whether they should travel to it then we know who can answer such a query. Maybe you can also explain how they can afford to make jeans so cheaply.
Are you implying that BT Rock and Republic (or Rock and Republic?) jeans are some sort of ethical fair trade label so? (Is your point on topic?).

Of course not, just being hypothetical on a future post that may draw on your knowledge of Pennys.

All I'm saying is that a 40% discount on a pair on jeans is good value IMHO which was all the OP asked. I'm sure he didn't envisage such a bountiful can of worms being opened by his post.

I think I'll put up a pair of my own [broken link removed] up for auction, with a 50% discount for AAM users... beat that for value! ;)

(I take a size or two bigger than the Olsen twins, so you'll get more denim for your money, too...)

I went into BTs on Saturday - didn't find any nice shoes at all. A lot of the ladies clothes seemed to be wedding wear.

You can bet they're still making a profit with 40% off. People are right eejits spending money on "designer" tat. They're like sheep. I mean, have you ever seen anything in your life uglier than a Louis Vuitton bag?

Back