Motor Commercial Van Insurance - With AXA. Anyone else I could try?

Dinarius

I'm a commercial photographer and I drive a small car van (Renault Megane)

I've been insured with AXA for years and have years of no claims bonus.

Renewal has just arrived and it's about €650.

I do less than 10,000 kms per year.

Anyone else I could try for a cheaper rate?

Thanks.

D.

You should try Setanta who have a good commercial vehicle policy. They offer driving of other commercial vehicles & windscreen cover as standard. They don't sell direct, you would need to go via a broker.

www.powerinsurances.ie

Husband with AXA for years commercial, was told one day local broker could get cheaper AXA insurance called "AXA broker". He then rang AXA in mullingar and they said sorry their offices can't quote that rate as for brokers. Saved a few quid, can't remember how much. They had no problem in letting him go despite being with them for years and paying in full every year.

€650 seems very high to me for small van. husband has a large transit crewcab and €340. Perhaps it includes cover for your equipment, taking off trailer cover reduces the quote also.

Must try your link, Jimbobp, next time insurance due.

Sandals,

Thanks for the reply.

Just to be clear, your husband is with AXA for €340 per year. Correct?

Photography carries a loading historically, because insurance companies see photographers as people who go to after hours "events", take a few snaps, have a few drinks and drive home. No distinction for commercial photographers who work strictly 9-5 and don't deal with the public. Pathetic. But, was it ever thus.

If you click on the above link and go to the online quote form, you will see that photogaphy isn't listed!

Thanks.

D.

Sandals,

Thanks for the reply.

Just to be clear, your husband is with AXA for €340 per year. Correct?

Photography carries a loading historically, because insurance companies see photographers as people who go to after hours "events", take a few snaps, have a few drinks and drive home. No distinction for commercial photographers who work strictly 9-5 and don't deal with the public. Pathetic. But, was it ever thus.

If you click on the above link and go to the online quote form, you will see that photogaphy isn't listed!

Thanks.

D.

Not sure why photographer isn't listed on the online menu, but Setanta do cover photgraphers. They have exclusions for fashion & journalist photographers, but other than that they will quote.

www.powerinsurances.ie

Last edited:
Back