Recommend a free PDF creator

stuart

I have searched the free sortwre link and there are a number of programs to create pdf files

Has anyone a recommendations

This one looks good but like everything else a recommendation would be best

http://www.primopdf.com/

I am tying to avoid installing half a dozen until I find one I like

[email protected]

Re: Recomend a free pdf creater

I had a look at the site but it looks like it would could be a lot of changes for just a pdf creater program

Do you know if is is possible to download the word processor package rather than the lot?

Thanks
[email protected]

I use Ghostscript - recommended to me by a customer for a project that required the creation of pdf files.

Try google for Cutepdf. Its free for personal and commercial use. Easy to use.

A mac isn't free, but the Mac OS has .pdf creation built in.

I use pdf995 its free if you can live with the constant popups.

I make pdfs from several document types including word, excel, pp, project, visio as well as scanned and screen shot images.

I use "paperport pro office 9" (not free) for breaking up pdf's and putting them back together.

aj

[SIZE=-1]www.primopdf.com

Sets itself up as a printer, so you just go File-> Print -> PrtmoPDF from any application.

[/SIZE]

Bluetonic said:
[SIZE=-1]www.primopdf.com
Sets itself up as a printer, so you just go File-> Print -> PrtmoPDF from any application.
[/SIZE]

I downloaded it and am very impressed
No more printing and scanning for me

Stuart

Re: Recommend a Pdf to Excel converter

Slight piggyback onto this thread.

Anyone able to suggest a free conversion tool to go from Pdf to Excel?

A good few shareware and trial versions around, but as the OP said, a recommendation would be best. Only needs to do two or three files/documents so a trial version is fine.

For PDF creation or PDF straight to mailbox then Win2PDF is quiet cheap approx $30, otherwise you get disclaimer at end showing everyone you are too mean to buy it.

For PDF creation or PDF straight to mailbox
:confused:
Errrr, no. Conversion from a Pdf document to get the data into Excel. It'll then be converted into dbf and imported into further software so I've no worries of looking cheap ;) .

Just went with a free trial version of "Pdf to Excel 22".

Formatting came out a small bit iffy but it'll do the job for now.

Biggest difficulty is how it breaks down the format PDF (which can be tabular looking when dropped in word etc) into the Excel cells.
My suggestion is more for creating PDFs rather than backward engineering them like you want.

Yup. It was only for a handfull of files so I just picked a random one and did some manual tidying up of the info (even the best pdf to excel converters would have needed this given the formatting of the original pdf).

The one above (Pdf to Excel 22) actually did a surprisingly good job*. Not sure how long the trial version is valid for, but if needed for a one off I'd certainly use it again.

*A few sections with Signatures/logos etc. really confused it, but these were being removed anyway. The only other flaw was with results where additional infomation was added "*A" instead of just "A" were thrown into two seperate cells meaning some manual tidying was needed (find / replace and a quick delete column, so not exactly a big burdon) on top of the general macro editing across all the worksheets.
Was more worried about the spyware/malware side of things (if I had gone with the shareware/freeware route especially), but ran a couple of thorough scans and all was good.

Back