Zinc Roofs

MsPBL

I am currently sending out plans to fixed price contractors for a 2,500 sq Ft split level house. One of the features in a zinc roof. The quotes we have recieved are way over budget and it seems to be down to the roof. We are now looking at going direct labour. Has anyone got one of these roofs and could the recommend any one in the munster area who has experience dealing with them.
Thanks

Have no experience however it should definately be done by a professional. The material costs are so high with zinc that you can not afford to have it ballsed up by bad workmanship. I also am considering zinc and would be very interested to see the prices you have received? If possible please email or im me. Thanks,

I have planning permission for a house that has metal cladding on roof and all external walls and am not sure what to do about it.
What is the advantage of Zinc above other metal cladding.

just make sure you're covered for sound transmission. Are these pitched roof's you're considering ? I know someone building a house this summer, and they're using zinc on a monopitch, mounted on SIP panels. The panels are coming from in Galway.

Back