Your experience of centralised vacuum systems

deadlyduck

Hi,

We are thinking of instaling one of the above in a new build (c 2500 sq ft over two storeys) and are interested in both hearing about the positive/negative experiences of anyone who has done so previously and also receiving advice about the 'important things to get right' when specifying an appropriate system.

Thanks,

Deadlyduck

We have one in our new house (its a Beam system). As far as we can see its a great system. Great suction and very easy to do the whole house. No messing about with plugs, leads and lugging about a heavy vacuum cleaner. Also very easy remove the dirt using the container attached to the unit. The system was installed in the house when we bought it so can't help with regard to specifications etc. You may want to consider having an outlet in a position where you can vacuum your car as well.
Hope this helps

Sueellen: thanks for pointing that key post out- I had actually read it and certainly found some useful information in it. Now I'm interested to see if there have been further developments since the date when that key post was originated.

Som42: we're also looking at Beam (comparing offers to Disan and Vacuflo). The sales rep is suggesting a VERY powerful model- "Serenity PLus 2875"- which (per the beamvac.com website) seems way in excess of our needs, given the size of our house. Could you tell me please: what sq ft is your house and which Beam model is installed in your house? Have you ever had any issues with the system clogging or Beam after-sales service? Is there a 'sweep+vac' vent in the kitchen- does it work OK- I've read on the key post that some say that particular option doesn't work well?

What are they quoting to install this deadlyduck? And how do they compare to the othe systems?

ninsaga

ninsaga: The total Beam quote for supply and installation is €1990 + 13.5% VAT. Supply only is €1360 + 21% VAT.
I like the vacuflo system- it seems a little quieter and more compact. Also, AFAI can tell, the Beam may not use a cyclonic system, whereas the Vacuflo does. I'll check this later. I'm awaiting a quote from Vacuflo. The Disan company hasn't quoted either, yet. I'm due to hear from them tomorrow.

deadlyduck-The system is also a serenity plus. The house is 1550 sq ft approx, standard 4 bed semi. We have never had any problem with the system and AFAIK neither have any of the neighbours. It does have one sweep and vac in the kitchen which though handy is a bit of a gimmick. If it was going to cost alot I wouldn't bother with it

I have BEAM in a 3000 sq ft house. I am glad we put it in. It works well and we find it handy. The Vac Pan in the kitchen seems to work fine also but it is something you could live without. When building a house every little extra is another 1,000 or 2,000. Vac systems fit into this category but I think looking back it was worth it.

Back