Your company have a website ? New CRO rule from Jan '07...

olddog

Pinched from CRO E-zine:

"** CHANGES TO PUBLICATION/DISCLOSURE REQUIREMENTS **

With effect from 1 January 2007 the information required to be
specified on paper company letters and order forms will be extended
to electronic form.

In addition every company that has a website will be required to
display on its homepage those same particulars or identify on its
homepage and make readily accessible a webpage on which the
particulars appear.

The particulars are as follows:

(a) that the company is registered in Ireland and the number with
which it is registered;
(b) the address of the registered office;
(c) in the case of a company exempt from the obligation to use
the word "limited" or "teoranta" as part of its name, the fact that
it is a limited company;
(d) in the case of a company that is being wound up, the fact
that it is being wound up.
(e) where there is reference to the share capital of the company,
the reference shall be to the capital that is subscribed and paid up.

Information Leaflet No. 7 "Disclosure And Publication Requirements
In Relation To Companies And Business Names" will be revised
accordingly and will be available at
[broken link removed] "

It'd only apply to companies - the CRO have no interest in sole traders

On the home page or somewhere prominent on the website?

How on earth are they going to police it??

I suppose by getting someone to log on and check it out as part of a domain renewal process? Not that hard to do...
Sorry, but that makes zero sense.

The only domains that you could possibly track back to Irish companies "easily" would be .ie domains and you would probably run into all sorts of data privacy issues if the IEDR were to start messing about with the CRO.

A very large number of Irish companies do not have .ie domains and use .com or other extensions.

There is no way that any of the Irish hosting companies could give up client information without a court order and a large number of the sites aren't even hosted in Ireland....

Well I was thinking about .ie domains alright as it's the only area where the IEDR has any clout.

You already need to submit your company registration documents to the IEDR to get an .ie domain so in that sense they are already "messing about with the CRO".

I take your point that it's hard to imagine the CRO being able to police .com and other domains.

However the information mentioned in the original post is practically the same info that is supposed to be present on the company letterhead. I'm not sure this is policed in any meaningful way either but I suppose when it comes down to it it's up to the directors to ensure they are compliant with company law, if this is in fact to become company law.

Not really. In most cases only (a) and (b) above will apply, and could be easily covered in a line or two of small print or somewhere on the "About Us" page...

You're not affiliated to blacknight.ie by any chance?

Not really. In most cases only (a) and (b) above will apply, and could be easily covered in a line or two of small print or somewhere on the "About Us" page...

That would be reasonable - in most cases only a minor change would be needed and it would definitely help with those e-commerce sites that seem to think that a mobile number is "tangible"
You're not affiliated to blacknight.ie by any chance?

Yes. I would say look at my sig, but that points to my blog

Oh right. I've chosen to not display signatures so I would not have seen that. I was just curious.

Back