Young drivers 3rd party fire theft quotes

Palerider

My first son got underway with Aviva , now aged 22 he pays €560 for comp on a 1100 cc car, not bad, son number two has his full licence two months and is named on his brothers car since Sept last, renewal is end of July, renewal policy quote including younger son is €2000 with son number 2 added and €560 without him so I won't be continuing with him on his brothers policy

I have been quoted from €1300 to €5700 for 3rd party on a 1.0 Corsa, variations arise running to nearly €600 more for one 1100cc car to a 1242 cc car, I have no idea why as the quote is 3rd party only and they will not be repairing the car at all if it were damaged as 3rd party only is applicable.

So I now see first hand that the motor insurance industry are not interested in quoting young fully qualified drivers, has anybody a better experience, Liberty seems the best of an expensive lot and disappointing Aviva are not at the races despite their very good young drivers accompanied driver cover utilised by both sons.

When I shop around at renewal time I can't even consider considering Liberty .... they are in the thousands and I've got a full licence, full no claims, no penalty points etc.

Hard to blame insurers for not wanting to insure young drivers - every time I see a doughnut on the road I can see why.

Back