Xmas Tree Stand

InfoSeeker

Has anyone bought a Xmas Tree Stand recently and if so where did they get it?
Am living in Cork so any purchases down south would be great.
Will check it out on Saturday in the usual places, ie B&Q and Woodies but just wondering if someone got one, if they have already put up the tree and what it cost.....

Tks,
InfoSeeker

I bought a bucket that you fixed the tree into and then filled with sand one year. It was good in that it seemed to keep the tree fresh and watered. Got it in somewhere like Woodies. The next year the garden centre where I bought my tree was attaching stands so I bought one with it. If you buy the tree and stand separately bring the stand along and the seller might pare down the tree or drill it or whatever. I've given up on real trees and am gone plastic.

Lidl has a great one for about €15.
It's a stand, clamp, and water feeder in one.
Stand the tree into it, clamp it into position, easing it so that it stands verticle, then fill the water resevoir, refilling every few days.

Tks for that, I got one yesterday in Woodies for 20 euro called Cinco, 20% discount on all items so it cost 16 euro and did the job perfectly:)

Also got my tree from Mini Storage in Mahon, excellent trees and got a 10 foot tree which should cost 45 euro according to the fella flogging them for 30 euros.

Did this as we needed an 8ft one and those trees have little going on at the top 2 ft, got a 10ft and chopped off 2 ft and loads of branches all the way to the top:)

Back