Xmas Stay in Nice Hotel

dodo

We want to book a nice hotel for say 27-29 Dec for our parents will pay 200-300 a night for room,no more than 2 hours from Dublin any ideas, thanks

Was mislead when I saw your heading, but, actually, why not Nice? South of France quite nice that time of year and flight can't be much more than 2 hours.

Abbeyglen in Clifden. Fantastic atmosphere at Christmas. I intend to be there myself.

Was mislead when I saw your heading, but, actually, why not Nice? South of France quite nice that time of year and flight can't be much more than 2 hours.

We did this last year. Very pleasant - weather very mild - not the same as being at home though!

I would highly recommend the Heritage Golf and Spa Resort in Killenard. It's a newly built 5 star hotel with great attention paid to every minor detail. Plenty of amenities as you'll see from the website. Only an hour's drive from the mad cow roundabout too. Well worth every penny.

anyone know of a good 4/5 star hotel within 50 miles of Dundalk doing new years eve packages?

thanks HP. never though of Belfast. Slieve Donard in Newcastle even closer ( providing the mountain routes through rathfriland and mayobridge are open of course, otherwise its a long spin along the coast) Mrs Cu looking at someplace called dunboyne castle. Which means that is probably where we will wind up:) .

3 years on......
Can any one recommend a nice hotel that does Xmas packages for 2009 within 2 to 3 hours drive of Dublin.

One of my new years resolution is stress avoidance and Xmas dinners are way too stressful......

hi there,
We are just back from Wales, the celtic manor http://www.celtic-manor.com/ . Really lovely hotel, food amazing if you are in to golf - they are hosting the Ryder cup in 2010, very relaxed. 2 hours will get you there, you can fly into both Bristol or Cardiff..

Thanks Pinky Bear sounds fantastic, but looking for somewhere closer to home.
Mammy Red not a good traveller

Back