Wylie's Hill, Ballybay, Co. Monaghan

TheSphinx

Hi There

I have heard this mrning that the final phase of this development is now realeased, prices are as follows

3 bed semi 200k
3 med mid terrace is 175K
2 bed end is 165K

I have heard that a good few foreign nationals live in the area, and that there has been a few rown, has anyone any view on this area, and would it be good enough for me to live in, I work in Dundalk.

Thanks

I know the area well and its lovely. you're literally only 1.5 hrs from Dublin on the motorway and the same to Belfast...so Ballybay is v central.

Short walk into the town centre, we always say... if you can drive here you can drive anywhere...double parking is the norm!
Lots of pubs, and plans to do up the hotel in on the other side of the town. Wylies hill overlooks Loch Major ...which apparently has good fishing(!)

You will always be a blow-in !!

Thanks!

I am from monaghan, and the home place isn't far from there, I was wondering if you had heard anything specific about the estate...

Oh me too!... but I'm not blind to the faults!!
I hear its a nice estate.. no anti-social behaviour (as yet anyway)
I gather the non-national community has been very well received in Ballybay and the non-nationals that I know have no complaints either.

I think the mid-terrace house is quite small...but if you compare to similar 2 bed terraces in Dublin or the likes its palatial.

Plenty of people commute from Ballybay to Dundalk, there's a bus to take students to Dundalk IT during term time, so getting there for 9 in the morning shouldn't pose a problem.

If i proceed, I would prob. go for the 3 bed, as it would have a better re-sale value if I choose to sell at a later date, my other options at the moment is to either rent a room in dundalk (where i have more friends) or build beside the home plac or buy on wylie's hill, can't make up the mind, and i can let it sit for too long...

Back