Wrong address on mortgage protection

T

tomp35

I have recently found out that my mortgage protection was set up for the wrong address.
I arranged a mortgage, bridging loan and a income and mortgage protection policy for my new address all with the same person in the same bank but they managed to set up the two policies under my old address. These were set up in Feb 2006 but I have only discovered the error now. My question is if something had have happened to me would they have cleared the mortgage.

I have recently found out that my mortgage protection was set up for the wrong address.
I arranged a mortgage, bridging loan and a income and mortgage protection policy for my new address all with the same person in the same bank but they managed to set up the two policies under my old address. These were set up in Feb 2006 but I have only discovered the error now. My question is if something had have happened to me would they have cleared the mortgage.

If you're talking about Mortgage Protection life insurance, to clear your loan in the event of your death, then you would have been covered. The address on such policies is not a major part of the contract and indeed you can bring a policy from one mortgage to another if the amount of cover and term are suitable.

Back