workshop floor

kkmaan

hello there,
i have aquestion for you experienced people here. i have built a steel shed using box iron and cladding and placed it on a concrete pad. i am almost finished but my problem is that when it rains water will flow underneath the cladding and box iron. i have tried mastic and tapering in concrete against the box iron but still a slight leak.
i was thinking of either pouring concrete again thus raising the floor inside or laying down plastic sheeting, then putting battens down and laying marine plywood. then covering the plywood in floor levelling compound and painting it with epoxy garage floor paint.
what do you think? thanks in advance.

hello there,
i have aquestion for you experienced people here. i have built a steel shed using box iron and cladding and placed it on a concrete pad. i am almost finished but my problem is that when it rains water will flow underneath the cladding and box iron. i have tried mastic and tapering in concrete against the box iron but still a slight leak.
i was thinking of either pouring concrete again thus raising the floor inside or laying down plastic sheeting, then putting battens down and laying marine plywood. then covering the plywood in floor levelling compound and painting it with epoxy garage floor paint.
what do you think? thanks in advance.

This is always a big problem when the are of concrete is bigger than the floor area of the shed. Can you cut the concrete so that it's the same size as the shed - or at least cut a trench all the way around the shed, fill it with stones or something. If you do this, cut as flush to the shed as possible.
I've been there and this was the best solution for me. Raising the floor inside (and possibly outside) could also work for you (I could not do this as mine's a wooden shed).

Back