Working in IFSC- where to live??

D

dave1350

Hi im going to be moving to dublin in the next few weeks. Im 23 and i'll be working in the IFSC. Where would people reccomend as good areas to look for accom?? Id like to be paying 550-650 for a room in shared accom.
Thanks

Hi Dave,

Welcome to AAM.

You could have a look at www.daft.ie and also the luas line if you intend to travel out of the city centre. The terminus at Connolly for luas is just beside the IFSC.

Depending on how familiar you are with Dublin city centre it might be worth your while to stay in a hotel or B&B to check things out before committing yourself to a lease.

Like all capital cities IMHO you need to be careful of area you choose.

Hi
with the market the way it is you could probably get something nice for cheaper than 550 - 650 in a shared apartment in the city centre. (two years ago I was paying 500 for a nice room in a lovely shared apartment).

I've worked in the IFSC and lived nearby off Talbot Str. Although there's lots of apartments in the IFSC I wouldn't recommend living there as its like a ghost town on weekends and you'll be reminded of work during the weekend. I'd recommend living on the town side of the IFSC around talbot st (bit of a kip but not too bad) or just south of the liffey. Then you get a short walk to work and don't have to worry about overcrowded late trains and buses. Also handy for weekends.

Eoghan

Hey.

When I moved up first and was working in the IFSC, I was living on Arran Quay. Bit of a trek, but opposite Temple Bar :D

Then I lived just off St Peters Church in Phibsboro for a year and a half. Loved it there. Cycled into IFSC in ten minutes to work.

Drumcondra is surely worth a look. You'll be in work handily whether by walking, cycling or getting a bus. I wouldn't be a fan of city centre living, particularly not in or around the IFSC, but that's me.

Drumcondra would be my bet - really good mix of residents and renters. The area has some good pubs and restaraunts.. Croke Park near by.. And it is walking cycling distance from IFSC..

Ringsend would not be a bad area to live in as well you could walk to the IFSC and not far from town.

Ringsend would not be a bad area to live in as well you could walk to the IFSC and not far from town.

Great Sports Complex there to with Indoor Virtual Golf.

http://www.sportsco.ie/

I am not affiliated but have been there a few times with work and think it's a great facility to have on your doorstep if you live there

Back