Working frm home in Ireland for UK Co. Ongoing unfair dismissal case. Sign on here?

Amarach1975

We moved back to Ireland in Oct 12 from the UK. My husband continued to work for his old UK company from home. The company went into administration in late 2012, and was sold.

While the company always had cash flow problems, things went really bad after the new owners took charge. Wages were up to a week late (in one instance because the director was at a family event and didn't bother to approve them).

Anyway, in mid December the landlord changed the locks on the building as he hadn't been paid rent for ages.

Since then, nada. He has been paid for December, but there has been no communication since. We understand the plan is to move the business 200 miles away, and the "redundancy" letter will state that if employees are not willing to relocate they won't be entitled to redundancy. A quick google search of UK labour law indicates they can't do that.

So, together with the other non union guys, we are filing a collective claim to take them to an employment tribunal.

He has had no December payslip or P45. What is the deal with signing on here? Had the P45 been issued, I understand there wouldn't a problem as he is an employee, didn't leave voluntarily etc.

Once we get the official solicitors letter regarding the case, would that be sufficient?

Advice welcome.

Hi Amarach,

Ill expand your title somewhat to more fully reflect your question(s).

Working frm home in Ireland for UK Co. Ongoing unfair dismissal case. Signing on here?

let me know if this is ok.

aj

Back