Woodlawn Ballinasloe, Opinions wanted!

A

ASGARD

Hi, I am considering making the move from Galway City to the Country, and was wondering what Woodlawn Ballinasloe is like as a place to live.
There is the train station close by which seems like a big plus and the new motorway interchange I think is a few miles away.
Any thoughts on this area would be welcome! Thank you!

make sure that the trains stop at Woodlawn all the time because I don't think they do. From my time working there (Galway) i found that it merely slowed here and stopped in Ballinasloe.

I think only one train stops in woodlawn each day one going to Galway and one coming back

I firstly have to declare my bias in that i'm selling my house in the area but I'll try to be as open as I can.

1) The new road - When I originally brought my house 2 yrs ago I had this in mind but the new road isn't due for completion until 2010 I believe so a distinct appreciation in value might be only in 3 or 4 years time so if your in it for the longer term it should be a good buy. The nearest junction on the new N6 i think will be the toll plaza in cappataggle.

2) The trains - i don't actually work in Galway but if you work a 9-5 type job then there is a 7:30 am which gets in about 08:20 and a 18:30 train home.

3) Lovely area and people. I'm genuinely sad to be leaving. Nearest shops vilages are New Inn (SW), Ballymacward (N) and Kilconnell (SE) all about 2 miles away. House prices appear to be a bit lower in kilconnell probably due to the greenstar waste facility nearby. Galway is about 35min drive away at the moment.

Back