Woodies €100 Vouchers? Are they worthwhile?

NicolaM

I was shopping in Woodies this weekend, and I got a voucher for €100 for a hotel break, very exciting!

Essentially, it's for 2 nights b&b in a hotel, plus dinner one night for €199, for two people.

However, on looking at the Woodie's offer, it seems that going through the websites of the various hotels give the same offer, for lots of places.
What do you all think?
Has anyone used this and got a cheaper deal than the hotel's website?(given that there are many hotels participating)

Nicola

Hi NicolaM,
I have one of these vouchers from Woodies too. I looked up a few hotels on the website, found one I liked, then rang the hotel directly and got a better deal than the one offered with the voucher. So I booked it direct with the hotel. I'll keep the voucher for another time maybe.

Hi I used a customer loyalty reward scheme from an insurance company for the same deal last October and got treated disgracefully while at the hotel and was quite clearly told it was because I was this company's customer. I would never use a break like this again. I did get 1BBD voucher from the hotel after the first night but my three night break there were a nightmare. Neither the insurance company (who pulled this Hotel from their promotion immediately after my complaint as I was at the end of a long list of complaints and they wanted to protect future customers) or Loyaltybuild wanted to offer me anything. That insurance company has lost all our insurance policies with us. Disgraceful. Bit a rant but dealing with the Hotel directly would be my advice.

Back