Woodbine Road, Booterstown

Carmel

I'm wondering what Woodbine Road in Booterstown (behind the Montrose hotel) is like to live in? Is it a rat run between the N11 and the Rock Road?

What are the local primary schools?

Any advice appreciated.
C

Hi OP, we have family members living in that area, so have spent considerable time there over recent years. It has always struck me as a very settled mature and quiet area, with a mix of younger families (like my in-laws) and quite a high proportion of elderly residents whose families have presumably moved further out into the Dublin suburbs. It's beside UCD but seems to have relatively few students living in the actual vicinity.

Plenty of transport options. I have used both the Rock Rd and Stillorgan Rd QBC in the past to get to/from there. The latter is particularly good as you probably know. I'm guessing the Dart is walkable but haven't ever tried. Road actually doesn't seem to be a rat run as you might expect. I think a combination of the very sharp ramps, the slip road diversion, and the meandering nature of the road probably puts drivers off. Only thing I have noticed on several visits is some pretty awful parking from drivers on street at the Stillorgan end of the road. Doesn't seem so bad down at the Rock Rd. Also not sure what's happening with the Montrose hotel, it's closed at the moment.

Not sure about local primary schools, but could find out if you're interested. I know plenty of people who attended local secondary schools. Choláiste Íosagáin/Eoin is particularly popular, but there are also plenty of private secondary schools in the area too - Blackrock, Mary's, and Michael's.

My other half was keen to move to the area at one stage, but prices on that road were €1-2m, so hardly an option for us at that time. But our relatives seem very happy there.

woodbine road

Hi Noel C

Thanks for coming back to me with that information. The house we were interested in had gone way over the asking price (asking 350K, bid after a week on the market of 410K) before we even got to view it, so we decided not to follow up with the viewing.

Our children are small so we would appreciate any info you have on primary schools in that area. We have a boy and a girl so are hoping to find either a mixed school or a boys and girls school near each other to keep things manageable for morning drop offs (non-fee paying also a preference!).

Hi Carmel, sorry for delay. Checked with family and recommendations I got were: Scoil San Treasa in Mount Merrion, Scoil Muire Na Trocaire in Booterstown, St. Mary's in Belmont, Donnybrook.

I understand that there is very high demand for all three, especially in recent years with more young families moving into the general area.

Back