Winter Sun with a 2 year old?

L

Ludwig

Hi,

Would anyone have any suggestions on where to go in Dec / Jan for guaranteed sunshine? It has to be toddler friendly. I was thinking of South Africa because there's little or no time difference but is it safe? Or is Thailand kid friendly? I just can't see myself being able to persuade my 2 year old to eat Thai food for a couple of weeks!

Any suggestions would be very welcome. Thanks.

Hi Ludwig

can't help you on the travel front but the prospect of changing Thai-fuelled nappies is something you should consider seriously!!!

m:)

Hi Ludwig,

I've been to both places, Thailand is fab and great for older kids but as you mentioned i don't think the food is very child friendly. South Africa is a beautiful country, I was in Capetown in the Winter Months so don't know what the beaches are like, The city centre in Capetown in a bit dodgy though, I wouldn't walk the streets alone never mind with a young child.

How about the canary islands - don't they have all year round sunshine ?

Ludwig said:
I was thinking of South Africa because there's little or no time difference but is it safe? ]

There may be no time difference but its a 12-14 hour flying time which could be a bit of a pain with a 2yr old. Its true that parts of Cape Town are v. dodgy but the beaches and other tourist areas should be reasonably ok. We went to the Carribean (St Martin) in Feb a few years ago and can highly recommend.

Thanks for the replies.

We tried the Canaries this year and they don't get sunshine all year. The weather was better than Ireland but we got a lot of rain unfortunately and it was quite chilly.

If we did choose SA we would stay outside the city but I'm just not sure I'm 100% convinced that it's safe enough. Apparently Virgin do a night flight from the UK which wouldn't be too bad as hopefully we'd all sleep (ahhh the optimism...I never learn).

Might look into the Caribbean.

A

Back