Windscreen repair

CMK

We had a small chip on our windscreen - the company repaired it on Monday. Its still visible on the windscreen though safe - it doesnt cause a distraction to the eye etc. They said if we are not happy they can put in a new windscreen within 3 weeks and its still covered.

My question is what is the best thing to do?? Should we leave it the way it is or should we get a new windscreen.

Thanks

Are you happy with it the way it is?

Was this paid for via your car insurance or out of your own pocket?

If through insurance, then there may be a "double charge" from the repair company to your insurance - so check your policy to see if you have a limit with "windscreen" cover.

Otherwise if you are happy - then that is all that matters... You could be driving down the road in the morning, & it could pick up another crack...

Its covered by insurance co and so would the new windscreen but the windscreen repair man said you are better off with the original windscreen if possible - the chip isnt very noticeable and not causing us a problem but just thinking long term....

I've had chips on my windscreen for couple of years - I feel once they don't "expand" or are in the line of sight they are ok... just have to check them every now & again.

Original windscreen would be best, mainly due to the sealing of such... I'd assume you would get more that the 3 weeks if a further fault developed specifically with that "fixed chip", i.e. if it starting growing legs... but as mentioned, you could get a new windscreen, then another crack in it a few hours / days / weeks down the road...

If you are happy with it, then I would tend to leave as is... just my opinion though :)

thanks so much for reply - sounds like good advice - will stick with it for the moment!
Most grateful.
CMK

Back