Window Visors

Henrys Cat

Just wondering has anyone here had window visors attached to their car door windows? Considering getting them done on a Toyota Auris and just wondering what kind of prices I should be getting.

I got 1 quote of €80 but a mate told me that was ridiculous? Typical, they couldnt suggest where to get done cheaper, or even an expected price!

Why do you need window visors (the same as the visors over the windscreen ?) fitted over the side windows?

In any car I've ever had, the windscreen visors unclip in the centre and pivot over to the side-windows to block sunlight shining from the side (on the fairly sound assumption that the sun can only be in one place at a time I suppose :))

ah, maybe I've mis named them, thats just what I was told they were, they are the visor/cover that go over the car door so that you can have the window down slightly without letting rain in

I purchased these for an Smax and the dealership warned me that the automatic 'springback' on the electric windows might be a problem. Sure enough my windows wouldn't close. The dealership took them back. Just query this when purchasing.

They definitely work better with manual wind-up windows,they were a defining feature of the jap imports of the 80's. If this recession continues the jap import could make a comeback!! :D

Back