will the airline book for specific seat for sick baby?

liketoknow

ok, so my daughter is ill, and i am bringing her away on a holiday as a little pick me up for her and her brother as this has been an extremely bad year.
anyway her consultants have cleared her to fly ,and a new medication means she should be able to enjoy herself with out many health problems while we are away.

my question is (yes finally im getting to the point!!) , im booking a later deal, and i asked the travel company about booking specific seats , as recommended by her consultant, i have a letter to confirm this, at either the very front or back of the plane, reason being she cant be near people who may be sick ,coughing ,sneezing etc, anyway, the travel comp said i need to clear it with airline myself.

soooo, i phoned them cant get an answer ,but will try first thing in morning but i am wondering can this be done! will they allow it??
ive heard babies cant sit near the exits which would be where we would need to sit??

my question is (yes finally im getting to the point!!) , im booking a later deal, and i asked the travel company about booking specific seats , as recommended by her consultant, i have a letter to confirm this, at either the very front or back of the plane, reason being she cant be near people who may be sick ,coughing ,sneezing etc, anyway, the travel comp said i need to clear it with airline myself.
People will also congregate at the front and back of the plane whilst using the toilets, there is a fair bit of movement in these area.

Germs can travel a fair distance in the air.

Seems like a strange recommendation, I wonder if it's just a general thing this consultant has in this head or some sort of proven scientific thing.

Anyhow, first choice in the UK say with regards to extra leg space seats (presume any seats can be booked)

How can I book a seat with extra legroom?

On First Choice Airways flights, you can reserve extra legroom seats for an additional charge. You can reserve these seats by selecting the Book Extra Legroom option on the Holiday Price page or by phoning First Choice Airways on +44871 664 0144. They must be booked at least 7 days before departure. Please note: Extra legroom seats cannot be reserved for ticketless flights.

Travelling on an aeroplane is an equal opportunity infection-fest for all on board, irrespective of where they sit, stand or lie.

Due to the cabin pressurisation used on modern high-altitude planes, the air is recirculated through the air-conditioning system so all air-borne "germs" travel all over the aircraft. Air from the toilets and galleys is fed through carbon scrubbers to remove odours, but air exhaled by passengers and crew isn't disinfected.

I think your daughter's consultant must have aviation from the Biggles era in mind.

possibly!! i was told this by her neonatologist and her respiratory consultant.

they also said if my daughter was sick, she can vomit, often, it would cause distress to others on the plane?

Back