Will I get redundancy or just have to leave

N

niloinss

Hi,

I've gotten wind that redundancies are happening next week, and I'm basically in a game of poker at the moment. I am happy to be made redundant as one way or the other I'll have to be out of that job by the end of May, as I've landed a much better one. I am on a 4 day week since May 2008 after returning from maternity leave, at my request.

I think they're going to say that my role is a 5 day week role and want me to go to a 5 day week or leave. If I won't go to a 5 day week will I get my redundancy or do I have a choice.

They are doing everything they can not to pay redundancies so I'd like to be prepared.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

It depends on the terms and conditions agreed when you went from a 5 day week to a 4 day week.
When I reduced my work hours, it was agreed in writing that it would initially be for a year and then reassessed by the company and they could insist that I go back on a 5 day week.

But, if they try to use this as a tactic at the same time that they making people redundant, I would stand my ground and insist on being treated the same as everyone else.

Back