Will 2nd hand prices rise in forseeable future?

SillyBilly

I know it's all only speculation but I'd appreciate the advice. Should I buy a second hand car now and take advantage of the lower prices, or wait 10 or 12 months as I'd originally planned and take my chances that prices won't rise that much between times? :eek:

It would be a small car, around 6 years old, to learn to drive in. Thanks!

ETA: Should probably have mentioned the money for the car is sitting in a deposit account, but the planned delay was so I could learn to drive first rather than have car sitting in driveway while I pay a probably hefty chunky of insurance on it...

If you can wait, Apply for your test get lessonss and try and get your full license.

Prices unlikely to rise.

A small 6 year old car should be cheap enough regardless.

but the planned delay was so I could learn to drive first rather than have car sitting in driveway while I pay a probably hefty chunky of insurance on it...

you'll pay less of that hefty insurance if you have your full licence.

and although you might have the cash for the vehicle, don't forget the other associated costs. apart from insurance there's maintenance and road tax and fuel costs.

it would be nice to be in a position to have at least the tax and insurance saved for your first years motoring.

Do you need a car at the moment? eg work/college etc

If you can wait, Apply for your test get lessonss and try and get your full license.

That's part of the problem actually! I don't have access to a car to practise in at the moment, so originally I was going to try and pass my test with lessons only, and then think about maybe buying a car. I'm not sure how do-able that is though...

It's either that, or buy a car and try to persuade various people to commit themselves to supervise me a few times a week between lessons.

Woodbine, I have savings that would cover associated costs but I don't need a car. I'm just in a bit of a bind now between working out if it's possible to learn to drive with just lessons or whether I should just bite the bullet and buy a car I don't really need and won't be able to practise in more than a few times a week, while prices are low (I'll have trouble finding people to supervise me...)

Sorry, it's two separate questions really isn't it!

Back