Wife made redundant

J

jack1974

Dont really know where to post this thread...I'll try this one

Wife got redundancy today and just wondering am i entitled to anything in lines of tax etc....

Just a few questions

Because she got redundacy is she entitled to sign on straight away?

Can she go out on the sick?

If she signs on am i entitled to the Home carers tax credit..we have 2 kids

and also does my tax free allownace go up now that there is only one income

thanks in advance

She's entitled to sign on straight away as she was made redundant. I don't know about the tax or the home carer's allowance.

She can't 'go out on the sick' unless she is actually incapable of work.
One of the reasons she took redundancy is because of all the time she is out of work for long periods being incapable of working

You are entitled to the homemakers allowance
You are also entitled to increase your credits by your wifes credits excl the PAYE credit. In addition depending on how your SRCOP is split you may be entitled to an additional 9,000. This effectively means you can earn an additional 9,000 at the lower rate of tax assuming you are currently paying tax at the higher rate.

One of the reasons she took redundancy is because of all the time she is out of work for long periods being incapable of working

Well, if she is incapable of work, she can claim Illness Benefit, if capable and available; Jobseeker's Benefit. The 'Homemaker's Allowance' mentioned by previuous poster is possibly the 'Homemaker's Scheme' which gives her credits or disregards years for pension purposes. Ther is no allowance payable.

Back