Why is petrol price going up, diesel the same price

oldtimer

Why is petrol price going up this week? Price of barrel of oil still going down. My local station had both petrol and diesel at 92.4c last week. Petrol is now 96.6c, while diesel is unchanged.

all the oil products increased last week. I'd say it must be old derv stock that's at the forecourt.

Am living in South Tipperary. All local service stations moved prices up in unison. I think oil was down to €38 a barrell today. Cannot think of any valid reason for the increase in price. Surely not another ripoff.

Diesel is cheaper to produce from Crude Oil than Petrol. Also, as you probably know, in the recent Budget there was high taxes placed on a litre of petrol but not on diesel. Garages never put up the prices in response to the tax at the time, maybe they're doing it now? Just a theory, don't have any actual info.

Could it be anythig to do with exchange rates?

The euro has softened against the dollar a bit recently, so a given dollar price for oil will cost a bit more.

The "Top" station on the quays in Dublin has put petrol up to 96c from 89c in the last week....

Diesel is cheaper to produce from Crude Oil than Petrol. Also, as you probably know, in the recent Budget there was high taxes placed on a litre of petrol but not on diesel. Garages never put up the prices in response to the tax at the time, maybe they're doing it now? Just a theory, don't have any actual info.

Diesel is a by product of producing petrol and should be cheaper. Ireland is like the UK, tax petrol so all buy diesel and then increase the tax on diesel and make petrol cheaper so that the businesses are being ripped off as they are into leases or have bought diesel cars and the make extra money.

Then the businesses are supporting the economy and being taxed to the max.

It should be the opposite as a gallon of crude oil produces more Petrolium than Diesel,so there is a lot more petrolium in storage in the refineries in America,Russa and across Europe as we are changing to more Diesel cars around the World This should leave petrol cheaper in the future ???

Back