why don't freezers have lights?

amtc

One of those questions that randomly popped up a discussion tonight. A standard fridge freezer only has a fridge light...why not the freezer. Essentially you're performing the same function? One of my friends ...who is an engineer..reckoned temp issues could be sorted.

Simple answers...very few use freezer at night, very few browse freezer, it's in and out quickly, cost saving for manufacturer plus something to do with frost free freezers and temperature regulation...

Funnily enough I am forever turning on my utility room light to look in the freezer even in daytime as the open door blocks the light from the back door in a very narrow room but it is an upright freezer with 5 drawers and shelves, even if there was a light in the upper open shelves part the light wouldn't reach down through the solid bottomed drawers. If there was to be a light anywhere somewhere on the back of the door would probably be the most useful but I honestly can't say I ever gave it any thought.

First world problems! My kitchen v dark hence I use a torch. Oh for the days when I'd be out dancing rather than worrying about such things!

One of those questions that randomly popped up a discussion tonight.

First thing that popped into my mind - Was there drink taken?
Sounds like one of those discussions I'd have in that situation.
Like if a vacuum flask keeps hot things hot and cold things cold - how does it know which is which?

My fridge/freezer has a light in both compartments, Samsung. The freezer light blew last year and I have not replaced it. it's very shallow so doesn't really need a light.

Neither of my two freezers need nor have lights, one a chest freezer the whole top opens, the other upright freezer has pull out baskets.

I have issues as it is, not knowing for sure that the light goes out when I close the fridge door, so don’t think I could cope with two freezer lights as well.

But a fridge freezer has drawers, that you pull out, to see what's in the drawer ! You can't do that with a fridge. Next question please. I like easy ones.

My fridge freezer has shelves and drawers in both compartments, and both have lights.

Ah yeh Bronte but I have to turn on the light to see what is in the drawer when I pull it out, if there was a built in light in the door say then I wouldn't have this bother :)

Back