Who in KBC Bank to talk to about the purchase of a house handed back to the bank?

-Gal1

I have been made aware of a house that was mortgaged with KBC that has been handed back to the bank. The owner was involved in a bankruptcy earlier this year and I have confirmed through the web that this has been through the relevant court process. The house has been vacated in the last few weeks and is currently empty. I have emailed the bank through its contact page last week but no reply to date. I was wondering if anybody on here would have contact details for somebody in KBC that would be responsible for this activity and could they pass on the contact details. Thanks in Advance.

This would be a sensitive area for the bank. It's likely that they will pass the house over to an auctioneer to sell publicly. If they sold it without putting it on the market, they could be accused later of not getting the maximum price for it.

So it's likely that you will see an auctioneer's sign going up outside in soon.

Brendan

Hi Brendan I just recieved the same information back from KBC.

"Thank you for your recent enquiry. Unfortunately KBC would not be able to provide information on the property. When this property is up for sale you would need to get more information on this you through an estate agent".

Please close the thread. Thanks.

I've been told (by someone working there) that KBC have a huge number of vacant properties now in their possession (some for a long time) but have yet to put them on the market. I'd be interested to hear if anyone know this is the case with other banks? You would expect with increased demand/prices these properties would start coming onto the market!

This would be a sensitive area for the bank. It's likely that they will pass the house over to an auctioneer to sell publicly. If they sold it without putting it on the market, they could be accused later of not getting the maximum price for it.

So it's likely that you will see an auctioneer's sign going up outside in soon.
This is true, however, 'Ireland being Ireland' - I'm aware of one case where a property was repossessed by a bank and was bought by someone 'who knew someone' at the bank and the house was never put on the open market.

A friend of mine who lives in the US said it's quite common for people to approach banks to take repossessed homes off their hands. Quick sale and all that. I suppose, things are different over there in that you can hand back the keys and walk away, unlike here where it never leaves you or your family.

Steven
www.bluewaterfp.ie

A friend of mine who lives in the US said it's quite common for people to approach banks to take repossessed homes off their hands. Quick sale and all that. I suppose, things are different over there in that you can hand back the keys and walk away, unlike here where it never leaves you or your family.

It does if you go bankrupt to deal with any shortfall.

Back