Who can convert a 5 seat car to 7 seats?

heretohelp

Does anyone know a company who can convert a 5 seater space wagon to a 7 seater by way of two fold down seats in the boot???

Thanks in advance

not really ive only recently purchased it but badly need 7 seats now, didnt know i would need 7 seats at the time lol

nooooooooooo........!!!
i wouldnt mind if i was though !! magical little things!!!
Just will be looking after a friends kids very often (health problems) and will need more seats.

of course its legal , there are pajero jeeps with two fold down seats installed , go to [broken link removed] to see a website in england of a company who do it.
im looking for an irish company to do it

Fine, but safety doesn't appear to be too high on their agenda.

Have they done crash tests etc to ensure safety? Does it void any of the safety requirements for cars on sale in EU markets etc?

Do they have manufacturer approval?

Would there be any insurance implications?

again , the question was does anyone know where to get a 5 seat space wagon converted to a 7 seat. That is all i asked.

again , the question was does anyone know where to get a 5 seat space wagon converted to a 7 seat. That is all i asked.

Before you worry about getting it converted you should ring your insurance company and see what they have to say, if would count as a vehicle modification and so they must be notified. You'd also have to tell the Motor tax office and have the "number of seats" amended on the registration document.

I wouldn't be happy to carry children in this way in a car, if it wasn't designed and built by the manufacturer to carry 7 then it isn't safe to do so.

you should really be asking is it safe to carry those prescious little cherubs in this way.

I found a UK company once that manufactured custom fit seats for any estate car and installed seat belts etc. I dont' think they were folt flat or anything... just foam inserts. Sorry but can't remember the details.

I found a UK company once that manufactured custom fit seats for any estate car and installed seat belts etc. I dont' think they were folt flat or anything... just foam inserts. Sorry but can't remember the details.
Thanks , i was hoping for two proper seats , ive just been told about a place in the midlands so ill attempt them

Back