Who can apply for AH?

wanagetahome

if you earn 34K p/a, how do they work out how much you can get for A.H?

Does anyone know anything about South Dublin Co.Co We're from Rathfarnham and would like to stay in the area, I dont know anyone that has applied for affodable housing so have no idea about any of it except what i read on the site, but its not very clear.

could someone please give me some advice.

Re: Who can apply for A.F

oh great, ill have a look at that thanks a mill.
I did look at the SDCC website, but theres not a huge amount on it regarding how much you can get on whatever salary your on.
do they just decide when they meet with you or is there a format... like 3 times your salary or something?

They don't meet with you, you send in your application & evidence of 3months savings and payslips etc and wait til you get on the list which can be a month or two. Waiting time is then 12-18 months with SDCC and generally you will be only offered properties in or around Tallaght/Citywest/Clondalkin/Lucan.

Once you are offered a property you will then have to approach the banks for a mortgage. Based on your earnings of 34k you could expect to get a mortgage for approx 200k taking into account you will be renting out a room. Properties are being offered for approx 185-220k, so you might need some element of savings to put towards that.

Its a waiting game really. i am on the list since March'06.

Back