Whitsunday Islands

Stop being so pedantic, would you have dug up this thread to respond to it if Juke had not bumped it up?

How is it pedantic to point out the age of the thread? The op asked about diving, juke asked about sailing, so to suggest that you were answering jukes post only is fair enough even though you proceeded to tell him/her about diving-

there are loads of Padi

Now that's pedantic :p

There are a few of us going to the Whitsundays in March, but have no accomodation booked yet. Does anyone know of a good party place to stay ?

Also I want to do my Open Water Dives for my PADI, so any recomendations for a decent dive school would also be welcome.

"Party place" and "Whitsundays" in the same sentence??? The Whitsundays are really beautiful. I think Whitehaven beach is the most beautiful beach I have ever been to. Just enjoy the beauty of it all. It's a special place and probably somewhere where you won't return to many times in your life.

Partying, on the other hand can be done anywhere on the planet! Go to Cairns and dance on the tables of The Woolshed if that's your thing!:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by N0elC http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?p=19679#post19679
There are a few of us going to the Whitsundays in March, but have no accomodation booked yet. Does anyone know of a good party place to stay ?

Also I want to do my Open Water Dives for my PADI, so any recomendations for a decent dive school would also be welcome.

"Party place" and "Whitsundays" in the same sentence??? The Whitsundays are really beautiful. I think Whitehaven beach is the most beautiful beach I have ever been to. Just enjoy the beauty of it all. It's a special place and probably somewhere where you won't return to many times in your life.

Partying, on the other hand can be done anywhere on the planet! Go to Cairns and dance on the tables of The Woolshed if that's your thing!:)

Hey Luckycharm, I rest my case ;)

How is it pedantic to point out the age of the thread? The op asked about diving, juke asked about sailing, so to suggest that you were answering jukes post only is fair enough even though you proceeded to tell him/her about diving-

Now that's pedantic :p

Juke said this
"Another question- my OH would be interested in trying all the water sports that the inclusinve resorts offer eg wind surfing, parasailing, kayaking etc - can I presume these are all also available at a price elsewhere, any idea?"

Rory last I heard diving was a water sport ;)

Rory also you are right there is no "we" as so far your contributions to the contributions to the thread are :rolleyes:

"This thread was started over three years ago so the op may well be a dive instructor by now!!!" - very insightful and really helping others on their questions on the Whitsundays

"Who do you mean by 'we'? When people start reading the thread it relates to Whitsundays, partying and diving, I pointed out the age of the post because it was these aspects that poked my attention. So while you may have been answering the questions re sailing by Jukes not everybody was." - again nothing to the thread

No need to post everything else you have posted on this thread- I rest my case my lord :D

!

Ha Ha now were both pedantic :D

Just to balance things up and post something more constructive re Whitsundays-

They are in my opinion THE most beautiful place on this planet, Whitehaven is the most beautiful beach in the world, as Yoltan said they are not really a party place but a place to marvel at the beauty of nature. The diving is not great because of the amount of silt in the water which reduces visibility. The sailing is probably second to none though I'm not well up on private charters.
Sorry for hijacking your question Juke, here is a link to a private charter company-
Don't stay in Airlie Beach because it's Backpacker central, Hamilton Island would be a much better option. Hope you have a great time and tell NOelC I said hello!!!!

Damn it, this thread is bringing back too many memories. I'm really jealous!
Don't worry juke there's no row!

Back