Whirlpool baths

josoap

We are doing a bathroom renovation and wondering if anyone has any experience of whirlpool baths.
I thought I heard some years ago that they could be problematic, but now with new technology I am wondering if it is worth considering.
I would be grateful for any feedback.

We found that we simply got bored with it after a while and switched it off. With young kids, not too young, it might be worth considering.

Hi Cremegg, We are an older couple, and thoughts of water massage is very appealing. Did you have any problem with jets?

Ditto. Always wanted spa bath, got one, used it a few times, realised I couldn't add bubbles (they'd be up to the ceiling!) so turned off the jets and now just enjoy normal bubble bath.

Ditto. Always wanted spa bath, got one, used it a few times, realised I couldn't add bubbles (they'd be up to the ceiling!) so turned off the jets and now just enjoy normal bubble bath.

exactly the same as us when we put a new bathroom in back in the Tiger days. When we moved again and were installing another new bathroom we didn't bother. Not worth it in my view

I'm in the same boat (bath) as the others. Installed one when we upgraded our bathroom, but have turned it on around three times in eight years. A rainforest/double width shower would be much better.

I'm in the same boat (bath) as the others. Installed one when we upgraded our bathroom, but have turned it on around three times in eight years. A rainforest/double width shower would be much better.
Years ago when I had a back boiler and plenty of " free " hot water I bought a thingie you put into an ordinary bath for water massage. ie not plumbed in. Was grand unless you put the radox bubble bath in too soon..Would let you see without being permanent? Plugged in outside the bathroom of course. Like a small mattress.

We have a double sized bath with whirlpool jets, use it maybe once a month, installed 9 years back, no problems yet, we have a stove and large water cyclinder so generally lots of hot water available, very nice but does bubble up quickly, have soap closelby as soap counteracts the bubbles...

The most important issue is make sure you leave an access point during installation.We have a Villeroy and Boch model which leaked under the bath after 3 years and had to remove a lot of tiles to get access.

Back