Which reciprocating saw to buy?

pingin

I have a DeWalt 18v drill already and now want to add a reciprocating saw. Problem is, there’s such a range of choices. It’s for general work in the garden. I suppose battery life would be one consideration. And a brushless motor.

Any suggestions ?

Personally, I'd stick to DeWalt. Not saying they're better or anything, but the batteries are interchangeable with the drill. So you can just buy a bare unit, and use the batteries you already have. Or if you treat yourself to a 5Ah battery in future, you can use it for both.
Keep an eye out for special offers, some DeWalt tools are regularly reduced.

Personally, I'd stick to DeWalt. Not saying they're better or anything, but the batteries are interchangeable with the drill. So you can just buy a bare unit, and use the batteries you already have. Or if you treat yourself to a 5Ah battery in future, you can use it for both.
Keep an eye out for special offers, some DeWalt tools are regularly reduced.
Thanks for that. They make sturdy tools.

Another DeWalt fan here.

If ordering online, check out hagglezon.com, they do comparison pricing of all the EU amazon sites.

I favour Makita but fully agree with RedOnion...stick with Dewalt if you already have dewalt kit. Last thing you want is different charges, leads etc.
That’s the plan. I’m just mesmerised by the number of DeWalt models available. I just need a simple but reliable one.

I’m just mesmerised by the number of DeWalt models available.
I don't think there are that many. There are lots of model numbers for catalogue, but there are probably only 4 or 5 base units. Then variations of whether there are batteries, and if there are what size & how many.

The basic DCS380N will do most jobs. I have the older version of that one, doesn't get a lot of use but it's still going strong after 20 years. The brushless option is considerably more expensive.

Both links above are HandyHardware whoI I find often have decent value for DeWalt gear.

@pingin - screwfix have a few options here too, even if it's just something to compare prices against. They do offers on tools too, so might get one on a discount...

Back