Which No. Bus from Town to Sandycove/Glasthule?

RedStix

I've just heard that some southbound DART services are not running this weekend due to works at Lansdowne Road. They will be running from Sydney Parade to Bray/Greystones though.

Has anyone any idea which bus route will get me from town to Sandycove/Glasthule?

Thanks
GED

Yes, but dublinbus.ie only show routes from Killiney/Dun Laoghaire to Sandycove.

I suppose my question is, is there a direct bus from town to Sandycove/glasthule, or would i have to get a bus from town to Dun Laoghaire and then change?

The number 8 bus runs from town to Sandycove/glasthule and on to Dalkey. Alternatively get a bus (46a, 7, 7a, 45a) to Dun Laoghaire Dart Station and take the number 59.

Depending on your mood and number of bags, etc. You could catch the number 7 or 7a as far the bus stop just before the people's park in Dun Laoghaire (it stops outside Alex's Lucky Lotto). From there glasthule is only a couple of minutes walk.

Sorry- I see that the number 8 doesn't run at the weekends.

I think your best bet is a number 7 as far as Alex's Lucky Lotto and then walk.

There is a DART replacement shuttle bus from Connolly to Booterstown - if you know where you are going in Sandycove and you would have been getting the DART normally, then possibly the best thing is to get the shuttle to Booterstown and take the DART as usual from there.

z

Back