Which light commercial van 14-15k

S

Sarah Louise

Hi there,

I have been researching the internet, various sites etc trying to work out which is the best model of light commerical van, I work as an interior designer, I carry alot of longer items ... curtain poles, tracks, I want something that look stylish and can take longer loads - so no fixed bulkheads .. I also have to transport a 2yr old in car seat ... check with guarda they said it is ok. My budget is 14-16K.

I started looking at 2nd hand astravans then thought I'd get better value for money going for a van, now looking Peugeot Partner, VW Caddy (which is my fave ... but might have to go 2nd hand), and now I have just spotted the Ford connect .. I seem to be going round in circles but need to make a decision fairly soon.

Any suggestions/thoughts/experience that can help me make my choice

thanks
Sarah

If you are carrying a 2yr old in the front please,please get a van with a Bulkhead. If you have an accident(hopefully you won't), the contents of the back of the van will fly through to the cabin. I had an accident recently and a piece of steel came flying form the rear , narrowly missed my head and went out through the windscreen. Please be warned

Buy a short wheel base Hiace with bulkhead, Like Roy123 says I've seem more vans draged in here with the contents of the rear in the front, Seat's being pulled from the floor and w/screen's smashed and people with damage to the backs, With the new look on the Hiace, She would be the best buy, I know it's not as popular, But the rest are always breaking down and if you only have the one van your can't be off the road.

A friend bought a new Opel Combo 1.3 diesel a while back.

He's happy with it.

Try a Jeep as you would get a good one for your price range. Is will also give you more protection in the case of an accident and more room to secure a Child's seat.

A partner or a berlingo will never let you down.
Those 1.9 peugeot engines will drive forever

Not overly pretty to look at,but very reliable.

Try a Jeep as you would get a good one for your price range. Is will also give you more protection in the case of an accident and more room to secure a Child's seat.

I have had 3 4X4'S and they drink fuel yes they may look good but believe it or not they are not safer in an accident, it's a lot easier to put a 4x4 on it's roof if you buy something with a bulkhead not only is it safer for both driver and passenger the equipment in the back is safer too...
If you are wary about reversing etc.. a reversing camera is not that expensive. Best of luck with your venture

nissan primastar,plenty of leg room on the dash for the mot.

Back