Which Diesel?

slookie

Ok, having decided to change to diesel, the question now is which car. Does anyone know if the Hyundai Santa Fe or Tucson are economical...or would i be better off sticking to a Pasatt. (just like the idea of driving a jeep!!) Also what are the main differences between the 1.9 santa fe and the 2.0l??? thanks in advance.

Passat 1.9 Tdi- 50mpg
Santa Fe 2.2d - 38mpg
Tuscon - 2.0d 35mpg

For economy, handling and comfort saloons are far better than SUVs.

do not think there was a 1.9 santa fe

Hi recently bought diesel Tucson. I find it very comfortable and alot more economical than my previous Renault Laguna 2.0 petrol. didnt convert miles to the gallon yet as there is such a variance in price of diesel at the moment. I was in one garage recently and the cost per litre was 1.28 lowest one was 1.17 per litre.

Passat 1.9 Tdi- 50mpg
Santa Fe 2.2d - 38mpg
Tuscon - 2.0d 35mpg

For economy, handling and comfort the saloons are far better than SUVs.

Ya your right...sorry its 2.0 and 2.2 litre

I have a Nissan X Trail diesel 2.2 and i'm getting approx 38 mpg all the time..... handles well on the road and the 4wd kicks in when conditions get slippy........ my advice is test drive as there is a surprising difference between the various jeeps in terms of handling and comfort....... I'm currently selling my jeep as I have a new one ordered if you're looking for a used jeep.....

Passat 1.9 Tdi- 50mpg
Santa Fe 2.2d - 38mpg
Tuscon - 2.0d 35mpg

For economy, handling and comfort the saloons are far better than SUVs.

Slookie, going by your other post you are changing because your 1.6 Avensis is heavy on petrol. Buying either of the above SUV's will equal the 1.6 avensis in terms of fuel costs. SUV's look nice but cost a bomb to run and maintain (doesn't put off most, judging by the amount of them on our roads). The Passat is your best bet if you want a big difference in fuel economy from what you currently drive.

Or another alternative would be the new Skoda Octavia diesel! Pretty much the same car as the passat and a few grand cheaper. It has a 1.9 turbo deisel engine.

Worth having a look perhaps

Slookie, going by your other post you are changing because your 1.6 Avensis is heavy on petrol. Buying either of the above SUV's will equal the 1.6 avensis in terms of fuel costs. SUV's look nice but cost a bomb to run and maintain (doesn't put off most, judging by the amount of them on our roads). The Passat is your best bet if you want a big difference in fuel economy from what you currently drive.

Ya thats the exact reason I am changing. suppose I would be better off with a passat. The head was saying SUV, but the heart was saying Passat. Is it worth paying the extra money for the comfortline, and what are the main differences?

what about the poor old Nissan Qash Qai?

smaller engine, 1.5 diesel, very economic per dealership booklets; VRT coming down in July and tax also down at that stage.

Hi recently bought diesel Tucson. I find it very comfortable and alot more economical than my previous Renault Laguna 2.0 petrol. didnt convert miles to the gallon yet as there is such a variance in price of diesel at the moment. I was in one garage recently and the cost per litre was 1.28 lowest one was 1.17 per litre.

Could you tell me more about how you find the tucson? comfort, mileage etc...thanks

Personally I would go for the passat wout wont beat a german diesel engine reliablility and the german build quality. I have had 3 vw's 2 audi's and 1 bmw all diesel and all top notch but I would prefer the vw/audi to the bmw, but the bmw diesel runs smoother and quieter when new

Personally I would go for the passat wout wont beat a german diesel engine reliablility and the german build quality. I have had 3 vw's 2 audi's and 1 bmw all diesel and all top notch but I would prefer the vw/audi to the bmw, but the bmw diesel runs smoother and quieter when new

VW diesel are an excellent engine. Latest Passet is a beautiful car ('highline' is the top spec,gives you leather and wood dash).

Back