Which car holds its value best out of these?

peteb

Hi
Thinking about a new/nearly new car and Im just wondering which of these would hold its value more
  • Toyota Auris 1.6 - pretty sure this is will
  • Kia Ceed 1.6 diesel
  • Hyundai i30
  • Nissan Qashqai
i know the qashqais are popular at the moment but will they hold their value in 3 - 5 years time. I want to make sure when i go to trade in in the future that Im picking the best one.

Thanks

I would be inclined to say the Toyota Auris. Never driven one of these though.
The Kia Ceed is a nice car but like the Hyundai these makes seem to plummet in resale value after a year or two. The Ceed does have a 7 year warranty which would be good if you are going to buy one and keep it and run it into the ground.

I like the look of the Qashqai myself. They seem to be very popular and would probably hold their value more so than the Kia or Hyundai.

Have a look on carzone and compare the list price for a new one and see what prices 07's are selling for. You should look at any private sales as you might do better than going to a dealer.

I'm fairly sure it will be the Toyota, then Nissan. I'd get the Qashqai over the Auris any day though.

i30 and Ceed ae the same car with different badges aren't they?

Toyota will be pricier day1 for similar year/mileage.

All will loose value. Diesels may have an edge?

I think if you are selling a used car which still has a manufacturers warranty it must have an advantage over the others, the Kia ceed in this case. By the way the Kia Proceed is getting fantastic reviews especially for it`s new 1.6 diesel!

Currently driving a 00 Celica and while i love it, i recently turned 30 and i think i need to drive something a little more sensible. Also the missus wants to learn to drive and wont drive the celica. It also has the issue of not being able to fit both the golf clubs and my electric trolley! Just dont want to end up getting screwed in the future! As i have a tendency to get bored with my cars and get rid!

I would be inclined to say the Toyota Auris. Never driven one of these though.

I don't think that many people out there have driven an Auris.

I have not seen a Toyota Auris on the road.........full stop.

Where are they hiding them?

Back