which bank offers the best tracker rate for investment mortgages

giolla

Would you which bank offers the best tracker rate for investment mortgages? a lot of them seem to hike up the rate for investors.

markowitzman

just so its clear in my head, your paying 3% on an investment mortgage with BOI. Is this at 60% < LTV,or was it up to good negotiating.

Best to date from my expierence NIB @3.25% (non-tracker)

Does one normally pay a higher rate if the mortgage is interest only?

that seems amazing. my bank won't even give me that rate for the mortgage on my ppr. (and that is not interest only).

So Let me get this straight 3.0% on an investment interest only or just PPR interest only mortgage?
Did you have to negotiate hard?

3% on all present and future investment property.
Financial adviser had informedthem that I was leaving and pulling all business as I was getting provisional offers of 3% with another institution.
Back to me within 24 hrs with new rate to match.
I think this is the advantage of having a multiagency fee only financial advisor to fight one's battles with the banks.

I spoke with the BOI yesterday re investment mortgages. I was told they offer 3.6% on investment mortgage,and 3.3 on 60< LTV. the rate of 2.95 on tracker is only available on PPR. NIB will offer 2.8% tracker on PPR.
With BOI you have to put up 20% of a depoit and,30% if going interest only.

Did Delgirl use her PPR as investment as she says she got a 92% mortgage

Markwovitz man do you mind telling us who the broker you went through was? It sounds like they got you a great deal

camrock said:
I spoke with the BOI yesterday re investment mortgages. I was told they offer 3.6% on investment mortgage,and 3.3 on 60< LTV. the rate of 2.95 on tracker is only available on PPR. NIB will offer 2.8% tracker on PPR.
With BOI you have to put up 20% of a depoit and,30% if going interest only.

Did Delgirl use her PPR as investment as she says she got a 92% mortgage
We have our PPR mortgaged with BOI - 2.95% tracker and approached BOI in January this year for a loan to purchase a second investment property. They initially offered 3.4% and went down to 3.2%. I told them I had already been to Ulster Bank, who were offering 2.95% on the investment property if we moved our PPR mortgage to them and they would cover the legal fees.

BOI agreed to the 2.95% on the 2nd investment property LTV 92% provided we placed a cross charge on another investment property we own outright.

Camrock
To all the requirements you list .......not in our case
My only advice is fight them with a good advisor
and threaten to leave.

Fair dues Delgirl, you did some good negotiating,youve earned your username.

Im going to get in touch with ulster bank tomorrow and hopefully use them as leverage with my own bank. Thanks to all

Back