Where would you locate really old share history information

Past30Now

Hi All,

I'm hoping one of the many bright sparks on this site can help me. I'm looking to find out the history of the Jefferson Smurfit Groups sharedealing over the last 30 odd years, i.e. what bonus issues, rights issues, share buy backs etc have taken place since the early seventies. I'm trying to figure out what somebody with a hundred shares in 1970 would have had throughout the last 30 odd years assuming they took advantage of all the rights issues/etc.

Has anybody any idea where to start.

Regards,

Past30

Hi All,

Has anybody any idea where to start.

Start with the registrar of the company, who should have a full history of the share register.

Try [broken link removed] as a starting point - even though I think Smurfit did their own Share Register internally at one point so Capita may not have complete records to hand.

If you managed to get through to some old salt at Smurfit Kappa who had been around through all these changes, they might be inclined to help you as a vanity exercise.

If you managed to get through to some old salt at Smurfit Kappa who had been around through all these changes, they might be inclined to help you as a vanity exercise.

Ha! That sounds like the voice of bitter experience? :)

Ha! That sounds like the voice of bitter experience? :)
No experience of these particular issues or that particular company. But I'd bet a fiver there is some dusty old accountant in there who'd be happy to get an answer. The difficult bit is finding him...

Back