Where to stay in Nice

99 bus great.

Btw nice locals much nicer than paris.

Although be very aware of pickpockets. I was in cafe de paris in monaco and had my handbag between my feet but still had my purse taken. When back home i got a phone call from train station in nice....my business card was in purse...and my purse minus cash was dumped there. Girl said it was common practice to follow tourists.

We visit Nice a few times each year and never had any other problems nor never felt unsafe there. I would look on it as much safer than Dublin. However, I had my wallet pickpocketed just as I boarded the train from Cannes (Film Festival time) back to Nice a number of years ago. Likewise they took the cash and threw the wallet on board as the train door closed. So at least I had my credit cards and licence etc. There are a few scams such as the gold ring on the ground. Another time we have met an elderly well spoken English woman at Place Massena at night that approaches us claiming she has been robbed and looking for money for a hotel. We very nearly gave her money the first night we met her but have seen her there a few times since!

Quite a number of French apartment owners will only rent from Saturday to Saturday. Some do not provide sheets, pillow cases etc. You need to double check these things beforehand.
You can get to the centre of Nice by getting bus from outside airport on the promenade, the 52, 59 or 70 about 5 minutes walk from airport. Also no 23 bus from inside the airport. Trip cost €1.50.

Back