where to sell an apartment

LauraG

Hi all, I have an apt in Turkey that I want to sell. There are tons of sites and property companies in Ireland and on the net who want to sell me new apartments that they have bought from a turkish builder. They are making a good 20-25% per sale. So they have no interest in selling my second hand apt as it would only be worth about 5% to them. So are there any good web sites or publications that are only for people with foreign apartments to sell that cut out the middle men? The only thing I can think of is the buyandsell!

cheers,

LauraG

LauraG said:
Hi all, I have an apt in Turkey that I want to sell. There are tons of sites and property companies in Ireland and on the net who want to sell me new apartments that they have bought from a turkish builder. They are making a good 20-25% per sale. So they have no interest in selling my second hand apt as it would only be worth about 5% to them. So are there any good web sites or publications that are only for people with foreign apartments to sell that cut out the middle men? The only thing I can think of is the buyandsell!

cheers,

LauraG

Where in Turkey is the apartment?

This is a very interesting issue! All those ads on the radio talling us to buy in Turkey or where ever but when it comes to selling it is a little bit more difficult!

As a matter of interest any ads on the radio in Ireland advising buying in Romania? :)

And before I get slammed by a moderator, NO! I'm not selling anything (apartment or otherwise). Just ask out of sheer badness.......

Unfortunately you appear to be encountering an aspect of 'property bubbles' and capitalism generally; that markets reach a point where the objects of desire are more numerous than the desirers (saturated market), or fashion changes (folks lose interest in property and instead get excited about conch shells, brass fire-irons or plastic widgets). Still, you have a holiday home in an interesting part of the world for yours and your friends' and families' enjoyment.

It doesn't quite sound like a bubble but definitely something to be worried about. Effectively there is no way to get out of the market once you are in.

I can't blame the estate agents considering 20% versus 5% what would you do?

It sounds more like a property cul de sac.

Didn't Eddie Hobbes show a family claiming that their "investement" property in Turkey had gone up 40% but when they went to sell it hadn't and it was only the estate agent they bought from that made them think it had risen.

If you want to sell simple incres the comission you are will to pay to the same as a new place or sell it yourself I guess.

FillSpectre said:
Effectively there is no way to get out of the market once you are in.

Of course there is.... but may be at a loss. There is to have looser to have winners!!

Back