Where to purchase a car windscreen

addob

Had an unfortunate accident yesterday afternoon and backed into a cherrypicker and shattered my back windscreen, can anyone suggest somewhere in the dublin city center or south dublin to get this repaired?
Thanks for the help!

Re: Advice: where to purchase a car windscreen

Check you insurance policy. It may cover accidental breakage to windscreens. If it does, phone your insurance company and they will tell you where to take it for repairs. I'm with the AA and when this happened to me they sent me to a company (I forget the name) behind the Shell garage in Donnybrook.

Check you insurance policy. It may cover accidental breakage to windscreens.

Unfortunatly I think my insurance only covers third party fire and theft and not my stupidity.

Try AAA Windscreens, they are nationwide

Ainya,

Autoglaze (or they may be called Auto Glass now) in Crumlin.....Ask for Charlotte and see if she'll do you a good deal !

r2d2

Ainya,
Autoglaze (or they may be called Auto Glass now) in Crumlin.....Ask for Charlotte and see if she'll do you a good deal !
r2d2

I used these guys few years ago to change a windscreen.... ended with a new windscreen indeed, but also a 4-inch scratch on the bonnet at the base of the windscreen, and fairly deep as one could see the lovely shiny metal.... I was simply not impressed.

bacchus...

Sounds like you were unlucky, I've used them twice personally and many times for a fleet I used to manage in years gone by with no problems!

r2d2

You may have a point as i have been very unlucky with this car... everything that could have gone wrong went wrong..

Also, used the services of a (recommended!!) crowd in Sandyford Industrial Estate to change the seal around the rear window... and they made a complete mess of it to the point they ended up filling the gaps with a sort of black filler... Not impressed either...
Though the rear window is reknown to be very difficult to put back on this type of car.... but you are either pro or a jobber.

I would hate to get this type of job done by a company that is not recommended.....
Would i end up with mesh wires as on stock cars instead of glass, with a heavy bill, and a smiley Paddy saying "That will do!!".

bacchus.....with that run of luck I would encourage you to go out and back the USA for the Ryder Cup....That should help all of us to collect on Europe......;)

Thanks for all you help and advice, I collected some quotes and booked in to get the repair on saturday at Autoglass, best part is when I called for the quote the gave me one price and when i booked the apointment the gave me a second price... around €100 less! Guess I better go prepared to pay both!
Thanks again!

One price is without scratches to the car, the other with scratches.... just based on my own experience.:)

Back