Where to go after a Funeral on Good Fri

Lyndan

Hey All

We had a death in the family yesterday and the removal is tonight with the funeral tomorrow. I didnt think funerals happened on good friday but they do (no gospel or offertry procession). Anyway now its proving difficult to find somewhere to go after the funeral. The funeral directors are looking into it for us, they said some hotels might cater - soup and sandwiches etc.

Anyone have any ideas?
Can hotels serve alcohol?

I think hotels will only serve alcohol to residents who are staying in the hotel. Is there a relative who could have sandwiches and drinks in their house after the funeral?

yes we have someone who will do it in their home, its just that they would rather try and get somewhere if they can

Ring the managers/ owners of the local hotels directly. They might otherwise be closed but could open a function room especially for you. At least thats what they do around here.

Not sure, but can clubs i.e golf and GAA etc open on good friday. If so you could try that.

My grand uncle was burried on GOod Friday and the local pub opened and served sandwiches and tea and coffee.
And then of course served alcohol too.
The pub was closed to any one other than people at the funeral.

Back