Where to buy in Cork

ft5j60j

Ok Im a 1st time buyer in Cork, Can anyone tell me where I can find a property for about 300k I dont really want to live up the North side, Wilton, Bishopstown seem to have gone savage expensive

All ideas welcome ..

whats wrong with the north side? you wil be pushed to find anything for €300K on the N side, not to mind the S Side. certainly wilton bishopstown will cost you at least €100K more.

Glanmire, Watergrasshill are quite nice, or you have Montenottem, Ballyvolane or Mayfield.

Im looking for somethign that will be east enough to rent 2 rooms, Glanmire I reckon is probaly the best location for price and is a nice enough area, I dont what rent is like there tough ..

You should also look at Carrigthowhill area 8 miles from city centre no traffic lights hardly, one only, dual carrigge way all the way in excellent ascess.

I've been looking at MyHome.ie and there seems to be a few places in the south innner city , which look like potentially good properties, from an investment but more importantly for you, from a rental income point of view. Around the Ballyphehane area and Friars Walk . They are still very close to the city, university, and hospitals. I've seen 3 houses there for just under 300K. Anything any further in , is an extra 100K. Worth looking into!

To be honest, I think that the best place to invest around Cork city now is in the East Cork area namely Carrigtwohill, Midleton areas. There is a dual carriageway into the city now along with much improved traffic control on the Dunkettle roundabout. Also Amgen will be bringing 1,200 jobs into the area over the next couple of years...

Back