Where Are The Solicitors Now When Their Clients Are In Financial Trouble?

Kerrigan

I've heard it said that it is as difficult to find a solicitor to take on a debt or mortgage arrears case as it is to find a hen with teeth!

Conveyancing was two to a penny in the boom years but were are these solicitors now when their clients are in real need of legal advise?

I've heard it said that it is as difficult to find a solicitor to take on a debt or mortgage arrears case as it is to find a hen with teeth!

Conveyancing was two to a penny in the boom years but were are these solicitors now when their clients are in real need of legal advise?

Perhaps they are trying to make a living?

Currently, there is no difficulty for solicitors filling their days with work. The biggest issue is in getting paid. Most solicitors will do what they can to assist long standing clients who may, down the line, be in a position to pay for their services. But, at a time when client loyalty has disappeared, in order to survive, most solicitors can only take on paying work. It is a matter of simple economics.

mf

Where did you hear this? Is it purely anecdotal? Or do you have any specific examples or better still experience?

If it's proving difficult to get solicitors to take certain cases then maybe it's a case them being unwilling to advise clients who want to take frivolous or ropey cases since such a course of action is hardly in the client's interests?

Unless you are facing repossession , you don't need a solicitor. The MARP is easy to understand so you don't need a solicitor.

If you are facing repossession, you can get representation from New Beginning for free, or almost free.

In fact, I think that they are now handling arrears cases as well.

Brendan

Back