When is PTSB rate reduction taking effect?

allie12

PTSB have confirmed the rate change istaking effect from today- but won't be reflected on the system for 16 days- so from next payment due date for us!

PTSB have confirmed the rate change istaking effect from today- but won't be reflected on the system for 16 days- so from next payment due date for us!

Hi allie12 - where did you hear this about the 16 days? If you open your mortgage account on Open 24 it states the interest rate - and mine hasn't changed yet! I am wondering if this SVR rate cut will apply 'across the board' for all SVR mortgage holders or whether they will be 'selective'. I would have thought if they state in writing it applies from the 14th it should be reflected on all SVR accounts from the 14th?

Oldsteele, I called the PTSB mortgage line yesterday when the rate had not changed on my online account. They assured me that the new rate applied to all mortgages from yesteray (14th-our mortgage comes out on the 4th of each month) and will show on the online accounts within 16 days. The way I understand it is that the new rate is applicable from 14th May, so for 10 days of month we are still on the 5.19%?

Folks

I moved these from the other thread on the PTSB letter. Please don't take threads off topic with your own specific queries. they use up a lot of moderator time sorting them out.

brendan

No and even though it says the new rate on Open24, the actual amount is still the same - so mine has not been fully updated yet - but last time was the same, took ages.

My TRS is still not 30% yet and they said that would be updated in June as well.

My reduction rate & TRS is showing since late last month- our payment date for our mortgage is the 5th of each month.

I did call them every day until I saw the change online!

My reduction rate & TRS is showing since late last month- our payment date for our mortgage is the 5th of each month.

I did call them every day until I saw the change online!

My repayment date is the 28th of each month so this could be why mine is taking long to update??

Kaza,

Could be, it is ony applicible from June payment, and ours only showed abour 16 days before. If you call them they should be able to give you an idea of reduced payments!

Rang PTSB today and got my new rate over the phone for the interest drop. Not updated yet online though. Also inquired about TRS and they don't know when it will be implemented now, they did give June last month and today it is a different story.

Back