When does electricity plan switch over

bittered

I signed up for Bord Gais 12 days ago. How do I know when I have been switched over to their plan? It has cheaper night time + EV hours charging so I want to adjust my consumption once moved over.

My experience with Bord Gais is the change over happens that day or the next working day
If you log onto your BG account you'll be able to tell from your usage graphs
But if this is the first time switching on the Smart meter it might take a few days to a week or so for any info to show

You will usually get a Welcome Package e-mail confirming the move but this does seem erratic at times. On two separate occasions we did not get the e-mail and the drama began from then on. I had to contact them on numerous occasions until they sorted it out at their end. Best to give them a call as they can be slow to answer e-mails at times.

I signed up for Bord Gais 12 days ago. How do I know when I have been switched over to their plan? It has cheaper night time + EV hours charging so I want to adjust my consumption once moved over.
Maybe check your spam in case the welcome email is in their. BGE are quite good on the domestic side with these kind of things. You should by now ne in a position to set up an online account.

Back