What's the waiting list like for affordable housing in Dublin?

Re: Waiting list

I think it depends on which list you are on. I was waiting 18mths to get a call from SDCC. DLR did a draw in April 07 and I am miles down on that list so it could be another 18mhs for that.
DCC also do a draw but I think (open to correction) they do on eevery few months so you could be lucky and pulled out of the hat quickly.
I don't know what way Fingal do it.

Wow. there must be a lot on each waiting list. How many in for the draws Iwonder?

think there was 4000 (or a bit less) in draw for DLR in April 07 (i was pulled out at # 2000!). Not sure about Fingal- think everyone on list goes back into drum each time- again open to correction. DCC & SDCC have a lot of properties at the mo (more than appicants) so if applying they are prob best bet

I was on DLRCC waiting list for 5 years got apt in Nov, so took 6years in total.

If you just wait a few weeks then they will be offering to everyone I presume to try and rid of the properties that they have so it wont matter as much where you are on the list

I dont think they'll just be offering to anyone just to get rid of the apt's they have to take into account what ppl can afford and if ppl will be able to pay them back if they give them at a low price with the claw back. They're not going to lose out themselves, so if it means them holding out until things get better they will, believe me its the council we;re talking about here, they wont' lose out by anymeans.

I think it depends on which list you are on. I was waiting 18mths to get a call from SDCC. DLR did a draw in April 07 and I am miles down on that list so it could be another 18mhs for that.
DCC also do a draw but I think (open to correction) they do on eevery few months so you could be lucky and pulled out of the hat quickly.
I don't know what way Fingal do it.

fingal dont do draws. they have a list. was on it 2 years before i got my house i went on list before AH was so well known, think the list is more than double now what it was then

I have been on the list since August 2007 and just got approval email for this draw. So thats about 2 years im waiting.

Back