what type of housing in Marrsfield?

P

purplehaze

does anyone know what type of housing there will be in Marrsfield? i.e. a private / social in addition to affordable? anyone have any experience of this kind of mixtue of housing?

Hi purplehaze, there is no social housing on the Marrsfield development. The development consists of 1, 2 & 3 bedroom apartment and duplex units only. There is some affordable units allocated to the site however this is an entirely different story to social housing. (Not being snobby or anything).
Affordable housing purchasers must earn a relativly comfortable salary but not exceed 40K. From my experience, because they are the owners of their new homes and pay a mortgage like any of the rest of us, they look after their home and the developement as well as a private purchaser.
You would never know an "affordable unit" from a "private unit" or a difference between the occupiers of same unless you had a full list of same clearly marked out.

just to reply to that post on type of housing in Marrsfield - from what I heard there is going to be social housing there!!there has to be as this falls under part V of the planning act.

I live beside marsfield and while its still under alot of construction at the moment, there are no social units in it at present. There are however affordable housing, and like lilwinner said, this is completely different to social housing. I bought through affordable housing and was paying a mortgage of 1.1k so its no differnt to someone paying ordinary mortgage, but difference would be i didnt need any deposit really (only 1k), plus, i had to pay them 38k to buy them out. I now own in privately, while 90% of the block is affordable still, however, I do know with the development i'm in the builders are renting out a few of the blocks as market is so low, so you may have rented accomodation near you. This usually isnt an issue i find, there are a few ppl renting near us and its never been any issue. Really depends on who moves in i think.

Back