What to do after I get offer letter?

pinkstars

Hey all,

Sorry, just a bit confused as to what to do I got my offer letter today in post. Am I to contact the banks now or solicitors?? Or do I give sols name to council and not deal with them at all? So not clued up in this part of it so any help would be great.

Thanks

I got my letter on Tuesday and rang council about it. Basically you have ti sign and send back the offer letter and send your solicitors name with it. I went to bank then yesterday cause you have to bring letter from council with you, then once mortgage is approved its between solicitor and council.

I got my letter on Tuesday and rang council about it. Basically you have ti sign and send back the offer letter and send your solicitors name with it. I went to bank then yesterday cause you have to bring letter from council with you, then once mortgage is approved its between solicitor and council.

Thank you so much!

Hey all,

Sorry, just a bit confused as to what to do I got my offer letter today in post. Am I to contact the banks now or solicitors?? Or do I give sols name to council and not deal with them at all? So not clued up in this part of it so any help would be great.

Thanks

Hi pinkstars congrats,

1st you reply to the council with your acceptance. You also need to organise a solicitor too. The forms they sent you should include the acceptance part. Also give the council the name of your solicitor. They will deal with you through him/her from now on.

You will have 30 days from the time of acceptance to go to a bank

bank of ireland
first active
ebs
iib

Once you recieve your loan (mortgage) offer from your chosen bank, send a copy of the offer to the council.

From there they will then draw up the contract and send it to your solicitor. You will meet with your solicitor and once "everyone is happy" the contract can be signed and the money released from the bank to pay for the house.

Happy days, keys recieved, you move in :D

If you so choose you may want to get the property checked by a qualified engineer ( highly recommended) no point getting you relative buddy builder to do this as this is the most important purchase of your life.

As soon as you recieve your engineers report discuss any problems with your solicitor with regards to legal obligations of council or astra to remedy any highlighted problems.

I have been reading through some posts here and it does seem some people have had some probs with the properties they have been offered.

Discuss any probs with your solicitor he/she will have the answers.
Thats what you're paying them for!!

Expect to pay between 200 - 300 for an engineer
and 1800 approx for solicitor.

Good luck
Cumann

Thanks all that info is much appreciated, you have simplified it and we now know what we are doing! Cheers :D

Back