What size of a loan for refurbishments?

I'd borrow the lot to do the 3 jobs. Windows first, that's just one company. With maybe a painter afterwards. A handyman to put up a fence and you buy good materials directly, he also should be able to clear out the garden and plant lawn seed which is the easiest to maintain.

Front drive way you either get it tarmacademed or tiled. Or good concrete which is not so pretty.

Get recomondations from your neighbours.

The windows alone will cost more than the OP has in cash.

And good luck getting any tradesperson doing work on the drip, waiting for the OP to earn the money to pay for the work.
In that case wait a few months save up to cover the windows then pull the trigger on them. Assuming that it is sensible to do them 1st.

I didn't suggest anyone doing work "on the drip", rather save up month to month to address the next job in the intelligent sequence then pull the trigger, rinse & repeat.

In that case wait a few months save up to cover the windows then pull the trigger on them. Assuming that it is sensible to do them 1st.

I didn't suggest anyone doing work "on the drip", rather save up month to month to address the next job in the intelligent sequence then pull the trigger, rinse & repeat.
This is exactly why we borrow money.

The cost of interest of the refurb wouldn't be that much and the job would be done quicker.

Back